Monday 23 July 2012


A Quick Trip to London..

A couple of weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to visit London.  Stratford, to be exact! Right opposite the Olympic stadium and park!!  Great hotel apartment with FANTASTIC views....but I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!!!!!! Luckily, I was able to use my OH's and son's phone cameras, which was very kind of them, but anyone who likes to take pictures left, right and centre will understand that it is not the same as having your own camera with you....: (
Anyhoo, after a rather long and boring (for everyone else) sulk, I came to the conclusion that I would have to get on with it....so here are my feeble attempts to show you all what I saw...
                                  



We walked across this bridge from Westfield shopping centre, and the green/blue shapes in the background is the bus garage!!  Over the bridge, we got on a train to visit the Emirates Airline Cable car ride...http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/23863.aspx.
I have added the link, as I didn't have any decent pics to show you, sorry...:(


Any way, after that fantastic trip over the Thames, and the walk around the 02 (it will always be the Dome to me, as I visited it on the day before it temporarily closed down), and another small sulk about forgetting my camera, we were casually walking through Westfield, when I saw the perfect DM's for me... the boots in the background are what I want, but didn't have the money to buy them at the time!!! (sorry about the flash, still sulking about no camera!!!)


Sat down for a quick drink....


Went to M & S for some food (we had cooking facilities in the hotel room), and the best part of this shop was the flower stall.... if you look up, it looks just like a warehouse :(   (look at the ceiling)


Olympic figures....(sorry, I'm not a fan  of these..)


For some unknown reason, there is a Mini stuck to the wall quite high up.....


and a rather large training shoe in the Nike shop...


Guards on patrol outside Liberty... (statues!!)


A view from our apartment  looking down to the shopping centre...


Another angle from the apartment, at night....


A view from the balcony at the bar area, again at night....!!   Looks good when it is lit up! The lights went on and off on the stadium, and  I think the green lighting on the left is going to be the swimming area....




And the last one, is the outside bar balcony.....


I have been promised that once the Olympics are over, and things have calmed down a bit and prices drop, that we will have another visit,  and hopefully we can all go (if the older ones are on holiday from Uni, of course...)  And this time I WILL REMEMBER TO TAKE MY CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking in, hope you have time to write a small comment.....:)