Sunday 2 September 2012


Trying to get back on track ...........

The holidays seem to have gone faaaaar to quickly for my liking.  One minute I'm wondering what to do over the next 7 weeks, the next minute everyone is back to school, uni and work!  My allotment has taken a back burner this holiday, not a thing I'm proud of I can tell you.  I had high hopes of being able to do everything but unfortunately that has not been the case  :(

Totally overgrown, (even worse than last time, honest!!) but I went off in search of anything that may have survived the dry spell we have had.......


 Sweetcorn seem to be OK, I picked a few, and left the rest on for a few more weeks..

 Managed to find a little pumpkin......and a pretty poppy!!

 Am quite surprised really, pulled up the remaining beetroot, courgettes and one last lettuce that had not gone to seed like the rest!!!  Well, when I got home I made the mistake of leaving the marrow/courgettes in the back garden, and the chickens got to most of them!!! But here are the remaining veggies....
And the cooked sweetcorn was actually very delicious!
Anyhow........
The reason for my poor attendance is partly blamed on my trip to France at the beginning of the school holidays.... whilst there we took a trip to the Palace of Versailles....what a fabulous place to visit.  It was definitely worth the queuing up!!  The gardens were amazing, but we just done a quick tour of the inside as it was far too busy for my liking!!!
 
This was the queue, with me at the back....

 

  












 These amazing giant shoes were made out of saucepans!!!!


We also visited the Valley de la Singe, a monkey 'zoo' where they wander around freely (not the dangerous ones like Chimps or Gorillas!!!!)  Just a few snaps, but my favourite is definitely the last one!!!








Until next time.....keep smiling!!!!


2 comments:

Thanks for looking in, hope you have time to write a small comment.....:)