Saturday, 29 March 2014

Sorting out the greenhouse....

Unfortunately my green house has been undermined by rats.....sounds grim but they are part and parcel of living in the country....Sooo, I have decided to move it, put down paving slabs, and then put it back together again, hopefully in time to plant my seeds!!
I have already started with some indoors, Tomatoes and Cucumber, which I planted on 13th March, (here)
with quite a bit of success, I am pleased to say, but I have lots more to do....Here are the pictures of before.....well, I had just de-glazed it, and moved it....


 This muddy patch where the fork handle is, is where it was originally....



Lots of heavy lifting later, and this is the finished project!!   Lovely clean glass, solid floor, tables in situ...


 Last years strawberry plants and a chrysanthemum plant all doing well....
 A few more seeds planted (broccoli)....

 Interested chickens that are ~NOT~ allowed in now.... (they poo everywhere!!)
 Pots waiting to be filled...
 And here is my own version of a seedling watering can!!  I lost my 'rose' from my proper watering can, so I put some holes into a 2ltr water bottle with a needle, and it works perfectly!!  Doesn't wash the newly planted seeds away as I have done in the past!!

All I need now is some warmer weather.....here's hoping!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. great job on the relocation! happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I like your watering bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking in, hope you have time to write a small comment.....:)